I’m SO excited to tell you – check out my interview with Insider!
It’s time to cook the creamiest, smoothest side dish ever. Using the Instant Pot to make mashed potatoes is so easy and guaranteed the best every time. Make it the ultimate side by adding these ingredients – roasted garlic, grated aged cheddar cheese, crispy bacon bits and/or garnished garden grown chives.
Need a main dish to go with this perfect mash? My favourite recipes can be found here:
Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- 4 large Yellow / Yukon gold Potatoes About 3 cups, peeled and cut
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons Cream
- ¼ teaspoon Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper to taste
- Peel and Cut potatoes into 1.5-2” pieces
- Open Instant Pot. Add 1 cup of water, steam rack / trivet and potatoes on top.
- Close Instant Pot. Select Pressure Cook high for 10 minutes. Release pressure when done.
- Remove potatoes into mixing bowl.
- Mash while hot and add butter at same time so it melts. Then add cream. Salt and pepper to taste. Don’t over mix.
- It's best to mash the potatoes while they are hot as it helps melt the butter.
- Remember to not over mix your mashed potatoes or it will become very sticky.
- Make it the ultimate side by adding these ingredients - roasted garlic, grated aged cheddar cheese, crispy bacon bits and/or garnished garden grown chives.