Easy step by step video to show you how to make BBQ Ribs in your Instant Pot
I use to love eating ribs and fries at this specific restaurant until I learnt to make them oh so perfectly in the instant pot. Fall off the bone – I feel like you can’t fall when the ribs are pressure cooked. Try for yourself and let me know what you think.
In need of a side dish to go with BBQ Ribs? Check out these recipes:
- 5-6 lbs of back ribs 2 racks
- 4 tablespoons of salt
- 1 tablespoon of pepper
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder or 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of onion powder or 2 onions
BBQ sauce options:
- 2 cups Kalbi sauce no need for water
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ bullseye bbq sauce
- ¼ maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- ½ cup Cold Water
- To make sauce, combine ketchup, barbecue sauce, maple syrup, and half a cup of water. You can also substitute with any BBQ sauce you like (I've also made with Kalbi sauce - 2 cups, no water needed).
- To marinate ribs, rub onions, garlic, salt and pepper onto both sides of ribs. Marinate overnight for best results.
- Open Instant Pot. Roll up ribs and place into instant pot vertically.
- Add sauce and 1/2 cup of water.
- Close Instant Pot. Select meat or manual, high pressure cooking, for 25 minutes.
- When done, do a Quick Release and remove ribs. You can also wait for pressure to release naturally if you want.
- Thicken sauce by selecting Saute. Make a cornstarch slurry by combining 2 tablespoons of cornstarch with 1/2 cup cold water. Pour slurry into sauce. When this bubbles, it is done.
- Pour sauce over ribs and serve. Or you can place into oven to caramelize the top. Set your oven to broil at 400F for about 10 to 15 minutes.