Purple everything! This is one way to get kids to eat their food. Fun and happy colours, you really can’t go wrong with making purple rice with the yellow corn niblets. Did you know I don’t own a rice cooker? I KNOW. I use to make rice the old school way – on the stovetop! And you know how I use to measure how much water was needed? Also the old school way! By placing my middle finger into the pot of uncooked rice and water and then making sure the water reached just the first joint of my finger. Luckily for you all, I’ve figured out the exact measurements of rice to water ratio so no worries, just use your rice measuring cup. Thanks to the Instant Pot, I can cook rice in it instead of making a mess on my stovetop (because foods always boil over whenever I’m cooking!).
- Using rice cup from instant pot 1.75 Cups white rice (I use basmati rice)
- 0.25 Cups black rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup of frozen corn niblets
- Pinch of salt
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 24 minutes (including time to pressurize)
Ready in: 26 minutes
Serving size: 6
- Measure rice grains and wash until water is clear
- Place rice in instant pot liner with water (Make sure grains are covered)
- Select Rice button which sets it for default 12 minutes
- Wait until pressure naturally releases (about 7-10 minutes). If you do a quick release, rice will be softer.
- Stir in corn niblets and salt. Close lid and let sit for at least 1 minute before serving.