Easy step by step video to show you how to make Pot Roast / Roast Beef in your Instant Pot
Making the best beef roast doesn’t require the best cut of meat. Pressure cooking to the rescue! This Pot Roast recipe is ooooooh so easy and ooooh so YUMMY! Need some hands off cooking? Instant Pot Pot Roast it is. I love pot roast (well, I like food in general so maybe that’s somewhat of a biased opinion)… eating it hot for a nice fancy meal and then leftovers for a delicious roast beef sandwich (if there are any leftovers!).
Need some sides to go with your Pot Roast / Roast Beef? Try some of these:
Pot Roast / Roast Beef
- 3 lbs eye of round beef
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cloves of garlic roughly chopped
- 2 onions about 1” cubes
- 6 mushrooms cut in half
- 1 carrot about 1” slices
- 1 celery stalk about 1” slices
- 1 cup water
To thicken gravy:
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Season beef with salt and pepper.
- Open Instant Pot. Select sauté and add in oil.
- Sear outside of pot roast.
- Prepare remaining ingredients, while beef is searing.
- Cancel to stop saute, remove pot roast and add in garlic, onions, mushrooms, carrot and celery.
- Place pot roast on top, add water and close the Instant Pot.
- Select high pressure cooking for 40 minutes.
- When done, let pressure release naturally, then remove pot roast and vegetables. Let the pot roast rest at least 10 minutes before cutting.
- To make gravy, select sauté.
- Combine corn starch and water to make slurry.
- Add slurry to liquid in instant pot and stir until gravy thickens and is has started to heat up (bubbling). Then select cancel and gravy is done.
- Serve pot roast sliced with gravy and enjoy.