Easy step by step video to show you how to make Yogurt in your Instant Pot
I really do love the smooth taste of homemade yogurt. The first time I had homemade yogurt was actually in hong kong. It wasn’t made in the Instant Pot, but I definitely noticed how creamy and light the flavours were. I also really much prefer being able to control the amount of sugar that is added to my yogurt and that’s why I now make my own yogurt.
Have some whey to use up? you can make yogurt with it all over again.
Here’s another idea on what to make with your yogurt.
- Food Thermometer You will also need to use a food thermometer to measure the temperature of your milk twice - after boiling and prior to adding the yogurt starter.
- 3 Cups of Milk I've used 3.25%, 2%, 1% and organic milk
- 1 Tablespoon of Yogurt as your starter I used a plain yogurt
- Sterilize instant pot liner by adding 1 cup of water, select steam for 1 minute. (optional - go to step 3 if you wish to skip sterilization)
- Remove water and let liner cool before making yogurt.
- Add 3 cups of milk to the Instant Pot liner.
- Close lid and select yogurt, adjust so that it displays BOIL.
- Once done, open and place food thermometer in to take the temperature. Stir around incase it is not evenly heated. If temperature displays 180 degrees F then you can proceed to next step. If milk temperature is less than 180 degrees F then do another boil (repeat steps 4-5 until temperature is reached).
- Remove liner from Instant Pot and place on pot holder to cool. Cool milk to 110 degrees F. To cool faster, you can stir milk or you can put the liner into an ice bath.
- Take about 1 cup of the milk and mix into your yogurt starter.
- Place yogurt starter mixture into the rest of the milk that is in the liner and stir.
- Close lid and select yogurt. Default is set for 8 hours.
- When done, take the liner out of instant pot and place your yogurt into the fridge (unless you like eating warm yogurt).
- Add vanilla / honey / fresh berries / jam / granola and enjoy!
- **About sterilization: Forgot to mention in video, following sterilization- dump out the water and let the Instant Pot liner dry and cool before using to make yogurt.
- You will also need to use a food thermometer to measure the temperature of your milk twice - after boiling and prior to adding the yogurt starter.
- About sterilization: Forgot to mention in video, following sterilization- dump out the water and let the Instant Pot liner dry and cool before using to make yogurt.