Easy step by step video to show you how to make Butternut Squash Soup in your Instant Pot
Making Butternut Squash Soup CAN be quick, easy and tasty thanks to the Instant Pot. Peel, cut, toss it in and tada! Soup is done! Well, almost done. I do love adding apples and cinnamon to give it that extra yum factor. A dollop of yogurt, that was also made in the instant pot, is the final finishing touch to this delicious soup. For the yogurt recipe, make sure you have the yogurt function on your Instant Pot.
You can find my yogurt recipe here:
Butternut Squash Soup
- 6 cups butternut squash peeled and cubes (1″-1.5″ size)
- 2 Apples peeled and cubed
- 1 onion diced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2.5 cups broth
- 2.5 cups water
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Select saute. Add in oil and onion and cook until onion is almost transparent.
- Add in apple, butternut squash, cinnamon and salt, then turn off saute.
- Add in liquid (half broth, half water).
- Close Instant Pot. Select soup or manual for 20 minutes.
- When done, quick release (carefully), and blend directly in pot with hand blender until until smooth.
- Serve as is or garnish with plain yogurt (made in the instant pot!).