Easy step by step video to show you how to make Beef and Vegetable Stew / Borsch in your Instant Pot
My Dad’s super delicious (and healthy) Beef Stew aka Beef and Vegetable Stew aka Dad’s Stew. This recipe is simple to cook, but takes time to prep because of all the cutting. It’s worth all the prep though! Remember, if you want to make sure the beef doesn’t get chewy, don’t add the soy and the salt until the very very end after it’s done cooking. Growing up, I would eat this with a bowl of rice for dinner. Now, I like eating stew with a few slices of bread. MMmmm.
Here’s a recipe on proofing bread in the Instant Pot:
If you prefer rice, this is my go to recipe:
Beef and Vegetable Stew / Borsch
Extremely healthy Beef and Vegetable Stew / Borsch.
- 5-6 tomatoes cut into 1/8 pieces
- 3-4 carrots peeled and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 3 stalks of celery cut into 1 inch pieces
- ¼ cabbage cut
- 2 onions cut
- 2 potatoes peeled and cut (optional)
- 1 lb stewing beef or beef shank
- 2 cups liquid / broth
- 3-4 tablespoons soy sauce
- salt to taste
- Open Instant Pot. Add in carrots, celery, onions, and potatoes.
- Add in the beef, then tomatoes.
- Add in broth.
- Close Instant Pot. Select the Meat/Stew button. This will automatically set it for 35 minutes on high pressure cooking.
- When done, add soy sauce and salt to taste.