This is always a fun and colourful soup. I love how the colours pop! Bacon Pea Soup reminds me of the Dr.Seuss book – green eggs and ham, except this is something I would eat! I first tried pea soup when I made it from a Gordon Ramsey recipe book. I remember there were a lot of steps, but of course super tasty. So that’s how this recipe came about, modified to be quick and simple, using bacon fat (MMMmmmm), and Instant yogurt and crispy bacon for garnish.
- 3 slices of bacon
- 3 cups peas, frozen or fresh
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups of water
- yogurt and bacon to garnish
Prep time: 1 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes (including time to pressurize)
Ready in: 31 minutes
Serving size: 4
- Select sauté and sauté bacon until crispy then turn off sauté. Take out the bacon and drain on paper towel. Leave the bacon fat in the pot.
- Add in remaining ingredients – peas, water, salt.
- Close the lid. Select pressure cook for 10 minutes.
- When done, quick release and then carefully use immersion blender to blend ingredients until smooth.
- Serve hot with yogurt and bacon garnish.