Easy step by step video to show you how to make Bacon Pea Soup in your Instant Pot
This is always a fun and colourful soup. I love how the colours pop! Bacon Pea Soup reminds me of the Dr.Seuss book – green eggs and ham, except this is something I would eat! I first tried pea soup when I made it from a Gordon Ramsey recipe book. I remember there were a lot of steps, but of course super tasty. So that’s how this recipe came about, modified to be quick and simple, using bacon fat (MMMmmmm), and Instant Pot yogurt and crispy bacon for garnish.
You can find my yogurt recipe here:
Bacon Pea Soup
- 3 slices bacon
- 3 cups peas frozen or fresh
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups water
- yogurt and bacon to garnish
- Select sauté and sauté bacon until crispy then turn off sauté. Take out the bacon and drain on paper towel. Leave the bacon fat in the Instant Pot.
- Add in remaining ingredients - peas, water, salt.
- Close Instant Pot. Select pressure cook for 10 minutes.
- When done, quick release and then carefully use immersion blender to blend ingredients until smooth.
- Serve hot with yogurt and bacon garnish.