Easy step by step video to show you how to make Chinese Egg Custard with Egg Tofu (Savoury) in your Instant Pot
I REALLY do like making simple (but tasty) dishes. I mean, using the Instant Pot IS suppose to save you time. No need to babysit the stovetop anymore. It really is set and forget. I also love how I’m able to get a meal on the table without too much hassle. I’m like a super cook without needing to be super because the pressure cooker has the super part covered 🙂 This savory / savoury Chinese Egg custard (with Tofu) is simply delicious and simple too.
Chinese Egg Custard with Egg Tofu (Savoury)
Easy savoury dish Chinese Egg Custard with Egg Tofu
- 2 Large chicken eggs
- 1 salted egg cut salted egg yolk in 1/8 pieces.
- 1 preserved duck egg cut into 1/8 pieces.
- 1 package of tofu such as egg tofu cut into 1/2" slices
- ¾ cups water
- Crack and add 2 chicken eggs to a bowl and whisk.
- Next add in the salted egg white, water and whisk again. Set bowl aside.
- Place salted egg yolk, preserved duck egg into a dish.
- Add the egg mixture into the dish.
- Add the egg tofu into the dish.
- Open Instant Pot. Add 1 cup of water and place trivet inside.
- Place egg custard dish on top of trivet.
- Close Instant Pot. Select Steam for 15 minutes.
- When done, quick release and serve.
*You can eat a plain or add some soy sauce. Better yet, use the sauce from the braised beef dish.