Congee is definitely my comfort food when I’m under the weather. Now with the Instant Pot, there’s no need to watch the pot and no stirring required – hooray! When choosing the type of rice for your congee, I suggest using jasmine rice as the rice will break down better to become congee. Congee is one of those extremely adaptable recipes. Use this recipe and modify the ingredients to make any of these variations – salmon and ginger jook, pork and preserved duck egg jook, beef jook, and the list goes on.
- 3 chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup jasmine rice, washed / rinsed
- 3 Cups of water
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes (including time to pressurize)
Ready in: 32 minutes
Serving size: 6-8
- Place ingredients in instant pot liner.
- Select Porridge (20min high pressure cooking).
- When done, wait for NPR (pressure to release naturally).
- Take out chicken. Shred and place back into congee. Stir congee and serve.
* You can make many variations of jook with different ingredients, such as fish and ginger, pork and preserved duck egg, sliced beef, …