A staple at dim sum. Love the taste and the nice vibrant colour of Pumpkin Corn Congee (Jook). It’s a great way to use up that pumpkin or any squash. I’ve made this recipe using butternut squash instead of pumpkin and it comes out just as delicious.
- 1 cup Pumpkin purée / Squash puree (eg. butternut)
- 1/2 can Cream style corn (about 3/4 cup)
- 3/4 cup (1 full rice measuring cup) Jasmine rice, washed / rinsed
- 5 Cups of water
- 1.5 Teaspoon Salt
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes (including time to pressurize)
Ready in: 37 minutes
Serving size: 6-8
- Place ingredients in the instant pot.
- Select Porridge (20-25 min high pressure cooking).
- When done, QR (quick release) or NPR (wait for pressure to release naturally). Stir and serve hot.