Easy step by step video to show you how to make Pumpkin Corn Congee Jook 粥 in your Instant Pot
A staple at dim sum. Love the taste and the nice vibrant colour of Pumpkin Corn Congee (Jook). It’s a great way to use up that pumpkin or any squash. I’ve made this recipe using butternut squash instead of pumpkin and it comes out just as delicious.
Want to make a more traditional Congeee Jook 粥?
Pumpkin Corn Congee Jook 粥
- 1 cup Pumpkin purée / Squash puree eg. butternut
- 3.4 cup Cream style corn (1/2 can)
- ¾ cup Jasmine rice washed / rinsed (1 full rice measuring cup)
- 5 Cups water
- 1.5 Teaspoon Salt
- Place ingredients into the Instant Pot liner.
- Close Instant Pot Select Porridge for 20-25 min high pressure cooking.
- When done, QR (quick release) or NPR (wait for pressure to release naturally). Stir and serve hot.
- No stirring required
- When choosing the type of rice for your congee, I suggest using jasmine rice as the rice will break down better to become congee.