Easy step by step video to show you how to make Beef and Beer Stew in your Instant Pot
A nice hearty stew with a side of Stout. Can’t go wrong 🙂 Even better, is sopping up the remaining stew from the bowl with bread (you know, when the bread crust is crunchy but super soft inside). Mmmmm. Just talking about this makes me want another bowl! This recipe is great as the stewing beef is guaranteed to not be chewy. Once again, that is the wonderful thing about a pressure cooker (on top of saving time) 🙂
Here’s a recipe on proofing bread in the Instant Pot:
If you prefer rice, this is my go to recipe:
Beef and Beer Stew
- 1 ½ lbs stewing beef 1” cubes
- ½ cup stock / water
- 1 tablespoon all purpose Flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- ½ can Stout beer (250-300ml)
- 2 dried Bay leaf
- 1 ½ teaspoon Thyme
- 4 Carrots 1” slices
- 1 tablespoon Tomato paste
- 1 Onion 1” slices
- 3 cloves Garlic whole
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- Season stewing beef with salt, pepper, thyme and dust with flour.
- Select sauté on Instant Pot. Heat up oil.
- Add garlic and onions.
- Add stewing beef and brown on all sides.
- Pour beer in and deglaze bottom of pot.
- Add in remaining ingredients - carrots, tomato paste, stock/water.
- Place bay leaves on top. Turn off sauté and close Instant Pot lid.
- Select high pressure cooking or stew/meat for 35 minutes.
- When done, quick release. Open Instant Pot and remove bay leaves.
- Select sauté. Cook until stew thickens (and make sure beer burns off properly) for about 10-15 minutes.