Sometimes food needs a bit of a kick, especially when it comes to Thai food. This recipe can be made with diced chicken but I reallyy like using minced beef (one less item to prep!). The best part is the the fragrant Thai Basil. Mmmm. Really miss travelling to Thailand and eating all the yummy food! Just eating this Thai Basil Beef reminds me of the hot weather and good times.
- 10-15 Thai Basil leaves (this is the same as Sweet Basil)
- 1-2 Chili Peppers
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- 1-1.5 lbs Ground beef
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Oyster Sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Prep time: 1 minutes
Cook time: 13 minutes (including time to pressurize)
Ready in: 14 minutes
Serving size: 4-6
- Open the lid. Select Saute on the Instant Pot
- Once it heats up, add in the oil, garlic, and chili pepper
- Once browned, add in the ground beef
- When meat is partially cooked, add in soy sauce and oyster sauce. Stir then turn off Instant Pot.
- Add in Thai basil.
- Close the lid. Select Manual, High Pressure Cooking, for 3 minutes
- When done, QR (quick release – release pressure immediately by turning to vent) and serve.
* Remove any excess oil before serving.