Easy step by step video to show you how to make Taro Tapioca Dessert / Sago Pudding 芋頭 西米露 in your Instant Pot
Going out for chinese dessert was definitely a novelty. I never did that growing up as my mom made delicious chinese desserts at home (and frequently too). Now really, who needs to go out for dessert when you can make your own Taro Tapioca Dessert / Sago Pudding 芋頭 西米露. The instant pot has really simplified the process now that there’s no need to soak the tapioca (my mom use to soak it overnight so that it would cook just right). So now, whenever there’s a family get-together, taro tapioca dessert is the one request my parents have and it is always such a hit.
Taro Tapioca Dessert / Sago Pudding 芋頭 西米露
- ¼ cup tapioca pearls (No soaking tapioca required)
- 2 cups taro peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup of rock sugar
- 2 cups water
- Open Instant Pot. Place tapioca pearls into Instant Pot liner.
- Add taro, coconut milk, water, and rock sugar.
- Close Instant Pot. Cook on manual, or Pressure cook at high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Wait 5 minutes before quick release.
- No need to soak tapioca pearls when cooking it in the Instant Pot!