Sticky Rice so easy and nice. Throw it in the pot and eat it while it’s hot!
Here’s the recipe I’ve been using to cook it up in the instant pot.
Video recipe is here for Chinese Sticky Rice 糯米飯 / Taiwanese Oil Rice 油飯
- 3 cups white glutinous rice (using rice measuring cup)
- 2 cups water (using rice measuring cup)
- 4 shitake mushrooms, soaked overnight then diced
- 2 chinese sausages, diced
- 1/2 cup chinese style pork belly
- 1/4 cup dried shrimp, soaked overnight is best
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, more to taste
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40 (including time to pressurize)
Ready in: 55 minutes
Serving size: 8
1. Open instant pot and select saute. Add in sausage, pork belly and saute for about 5 minutes
2. Add in shrimp, mushrooms, salt and cook for another 5 minutes
3. Turn off saute. Remove ingredients.
4. First, add in uncooked rice and water.
5. Next add in sauteed ingredients.
6. Close instant pot and select rice function for 15 minutes. When done, quick release.
7. Add in soy sauce to taste, mix and serve warm.