Easy step by step video to show you how to make Hong Kong Style Spaghetti Bolognese in your Instant Pot
With the Instant Pot, it is easier to cook Hong Kong style Spaghetti Bolognese than to get the jar of sauce open! You can find this spaghetti commonly in HK cafes and now right in your own home.
Hong Kong Style Spaghetti Bolognese
Make this flavourful Hong Kong Style Spaghetti Bolognese in your Instant Pot.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 ½ cups pasta sauce 1 jar ~ 700ml
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 300 g dried spaghetti 2 inch diameter bundle of spaghetti
- 2 cups water
For the Baked Cheese Topping:
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese grated
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Dice onions.
- Select saute and add in oil and onions. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Mince garlic and add to Instant Pot.
- Add in ground beef and black pepper and stir. Continue to saute until mostly cooked.
- Turn saute off. Add pasta sauce and white sugar. If you want it even sweeter, add ketchup instead.
- Add water and dried spaghetti noodles.
- Close Instant Pot. Select pressure cook for 5 minutes.
- When done, quick release and stir pasta. Let it rest for 5 minutes to soak up remaining liquid.
Baked Cheese topping:
- Plate spaghetti. Add cheddar cheese and Parmesan.
- Using air fryer lid or oven, broil at 400F for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
If you want it even sweeter, add ketchup instead of sugar.