Easy step by step video to show you how to make Osso Bucco Veal Shank in your Instant Pot
MMmmm, osso yummy! Love how soft and tender the veal gets from pressure cooking. But the real trick is to sear the veal on both sides. That keeps all the juices in and makes it come out tasty and tender. So remember, this is one of those recipes that you just can’t skip out on the searing. You might also recall, I really dislike washing dishes and that’s why I love how the instant pot has multiple functions. The saute button is perfect for the searing, then using the same pot, I can pressure cook everything together. You know, I would eat of of the pot if I didn’t have to share the food – just so I can wash one less dish 🙂
Osso Bucco Veal Shank
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 pieces garlic minced
- 1.5 lbs veal shank
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup onions diced
- 1.5 cups tomatoes diced
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 cup broth
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Lightly coat veal shank with all purpose flour.
- Select sauté on the Instant Pot.
- Add in oil and garlic
- Sear veal shank 3 minutes each side.
- Remove veal shank from Instant Pot.
- Add in 1/4 cup wine to deglaze. Heat for a few minutes until there is nothing stuck to bottom of Instant Pot liner.
- Add in onions and tomatoes, salt, black pepper and veal shank.
- Add remaining wine (1/4 cup) and broth.
- Close Instant Pot. Select meat/stew, high pressure cooking, for 40 minutes.
- When done, wait for pressure to release naturally and serve.