Easy step by step video to show you how to make Gingerbread Cake in your Instant Pot
Nothing shouts out ‘It’s winter – let’s stay warm and cozy!’ than Gingerbread Cake. I first tried this in my oven when my sister brought this to our family potluck oh so many Christmas’ ago. It was the best smelling and such a great tasting cake. It’s like a gingerbread cookie in cake form. Can’t go wrong, right? Now, I’ve modified the recipe to be perfect for the Instant Pot. Also, don’t forget to add the cup of hot water into your cake batter, if you don’t, it’ll be quite dense and heavy.
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup hot water
- Combine oil, sugar, egg, and molasses together.
- Add in flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, salt and mix again.
- Stir in hot water and mix well.
- Grease bunt pan with butter or oil. Pour in batter.
- Add 2 cups water, trivet then bundt pan on top. Close Instant Pot.
- Select cake button, high pressure cooking, for 35 minutes.
- When done, quick release. Remove from pan and serve.