Easy step by step video to show you how to make Claypot Rice with Chicken, Mushroom, and Chinese style Sausage 煲仔飯 in your Instant Pot
This 煲仔飯 claypot rice with chicken recipe is what I call a 1 pot wonder. Always loved when I got to eat this dish at dim sum. Now I can have it anytime I want. Another win for the Instant Pot. With this recipe, you can always add different types of Chinese sausages such as liver, pork, pork and chicken sausages. My favourite is the liver sausage 🙂
Claypot Rice with Chicken, Mushroom, and Chinese style Sausage 煲仔飯
Easy Chinese DIm Sum 煲仔飯 Claypot Rice with Chicken, Mushroom, and Chinese style Sausage
- 6 whole dried shiitake mushrooms
- 6 pieces Chicken thighs boneless and skinless
- 2 Chinese style sausages cut into bite size pieces
- ½ tablespoon salt use 1 tablespoon salt if using water instead of broth
- 1.5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1.5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups white rice jasmine or basmati
- 4 cups liquid chicken broth or water
For the sauce:
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Rinse, then soak dried shiitake mushrooms for 1.5-2 hours.
- Marinate skinless boneless chicken thighs with salt and soy sauce and cornstarch. Let it marinate overnight for best results.
- Wash white rice (watch Purple Rice recipe on instructions on how to wash).
- Add double the rice measuring cup of broth/water to the amount of grain measured. *To make it more tasty, use the water used to soak mushrooms here!
- Add chicken mushrooms and Chinese sausage cut up on top. Optional : add a slice of ginger on top.
- Select rice (12 minutes).
- When done can do either QR or NPR and serve with sauce.
- To make the Sauce, combine sugar, hot water (to melt sugar), and soy sauce.