Easy step by step video to show you how to make Chocolate Cake in your Instant Pot
chocolate, Chocolate, CHOCOLATE CAKE! After modification after modification of my chocolate cake recipe, I finally found the perfect combination for a moist, but not too dense, chocolatey, but not too sweet, chocolate cake. It’s the perfect cake that you can brag that you made in the Instant Pot. Assuming your cake isn’t all eaten up before the bragging can start 😛 Keep in mind that my cook times are for a 6″ diameter pan so the bigger (and thicker) your cake is, the longer it will take to cook in the middle. If you’re worried, you can always use a pan that has the hole in the middle (bundt pan).
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¾ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- ¾ Cup White Sugar
- ¼ Cup Cocoa Powder for baking
- 1 Large Egg
- ¼ Cup Vegetable Oil
- ½ Cup Milk *Note, there is a typo in the video. This should be 1/2 Cup milk, NOT 1 Cup
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup Boiling Water
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl: Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Salt, Sugar, and Cocoa Powder.
- Add the wet ingredients: Egg, Oil, Milk, and Vanilla and mix.
- Add in boiling water and mix again.
- Pour batter into 6 inch circular pan (or 7 inch circular pan / bunt pan).
- Open Instant Pot. Add 1 cup of water, place trivet, then pan into the Instant Pot liner.
- Close Instant Pot. Select manual for 40 minutes
- When done, NPR (natural pressure release - wait for the pressure to release naturally once done).
- (Optional) Decorate cake with icing, ganache, chocolate, fruits, etc.