Easy step by step video to show you how to make Honey Ribs / Sticky Ribs in your Instant Pot
Chinese takeout food favourite – Chinese Honey Ribs also known as sticky ribs. Delicious! Did you notice that there’s no added oil? That’s right. It doesn’t make this recipe healthy, it just means that ribs aren’t the leanest meat. But boy, does it taste amazing! Absolutely love love love how these turn out in the instant pot. Once again, only one pot to wash at the end of the night. Sweet! (yes, pun intended).
Honey Ribs / Sticky Ribs
- 2 lbs pork ribs cut into 1” size
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 1 cup of Water
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce optional
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- Combine salt, pepper, soy sauce, sesame oil, Worcestershire sauce with ribs.
- Add in cornstarch and mix again
- Marinate ribs for at least 20 minutes in the fridge.
- Open Instant Pot, add in oil, then ribs, then honey and water.
- Close Instant Pot. Select pressure cook, high pressure, for 5 minutes.
- When done, release the pressure.
- Select Sauté on more for 10 minutes. Stir occasional so bottom doesn’t burn until sauce reduces and carmelizes. Remove from heat and serve.