Easy step by step video to show you how to make Black Bean Garlic Spare Ribs in your Instant Pot
Cooking Black Bean Garlic Spare Ribs – just like how my parents made it for me growing up – just like when I go for Chinese Dim Sum. The instant pot pressure cooker makes it so much faster to cook. No worries about the ribs being chewy, it comes out full of flavours and tender everytime.
Black Bean Spare Ribs
Chinese Dim Sum Black Bean Garlic Spare Ribs.
- 1 lb of spare ribs back or side ribs - back ribs are more tender, cut into 1.5" wide pieces
- 6-8 black beans black soy beans, minced
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon of cornstarch
- Add the black beans and garlic into the spare ribs.
- Now add the salt, pepper, sesame oil, soy sauce and mix.
- Add the cornstarch and mix again.
- Now transfer the mixture into a dish making sure that ribs are not stacked on each other.
- Open Instant Pot. Add 1 cup of water and place your trivet inside.
- Place the dish of ribs on top of trivet and close lid.
- Select Manual, high pressure cooking, for 10 minutes.
- When done, do a quick release and serve.
Hi Angela, where did you get the stainless steel dish for the ribs ?
Hi, I purchased it in a Asian grocery store in their houseware section.
I think I’ve seen these at Walmart before too (in Toronto)
Make a more new posts please 🙂
More recipes coming soon 🙂
I have Lee Kum Kee black bean garlic sauce in my pantry. Can I use that instead of the 6-8 black beans and 1 clove of garlic? If so, have many tablespoons of black bean garlic sauce do you recommend? Do I still need to add the salt and soy sauce to the recipe or would it be too salty already from the sauce? Thank you!
Hi Shar, Omit all the marinade (soy sauce, black beans, garlic, salt, etc) if you already have the Lee Kum Kee black bean sauce. Cheers.