Easy step by step video to show you how to make Chinese Dim Sum Turnip Cake / White Radish Cake 蘿蔔糕 in your Instant Pot
Chinese Dim Sum Turnip Cake / White Radish Cake 蘿蔔糕 is another year round popular dish at dim sum and also extremely popular during Chinese New Year. Time to impress your friends and family. Make some turnip cake for chinese new year! This is the perfect recipe, you can pressure cook 2 pans at once (stack them using a trivet inbetween) and then keep one to eat, and one to give away 😛
Turnip Cake / White Radish Cake 蘿蔔糕
Chinese dim sum Turnip Cake / White Radish Cake 蘿蔔糕
- ¾ cups Rice Flour
- ¼ cup Wheat Starch
- 2 ½ cups White turnip grated
- 3 Dried Chinese mushrooms soaked and then diced
- 2 Chinese sausages diced
- ¼ cup Dried shrimp soaked
- 1 Dried scallop soaked
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 ½ cup water you can use water used to soak mushrooms too
- Rinse mushrooms, dried shrimp and dried scallop and then soak in water separately. Soak overnight is best, if not, at least a few hours.
- Dice mushrooms and Chinese sausages.
- Break apart dried scallop.
- Peel and grate turnip.
- Mix rice flour and wheat starch with 1/2 cup of cold water or water leftover from soaking mushrooms.
- Combine flour mixture with turnip, mushroom, shrimp, scallop, Chinese sausage and 1 cup of water.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Scoop mixture into pans.
- Open Instant Pot. Add 1 cup water and trivet to Instant Pot liner. Then add pans of uncooked turnip cake.
- Close Instant Pot. Select Pressure cook, high pressure cooking, for 12 minutes.
- When done, quick release.
- Fits 1 Round Pan 6.5"-7" diameter and 2" high. Or you can use 2 Rectangle Pans 4"x6" and 2" high.
- If steaming from stove top, make sure the water is boiling, then steam on high for 30 minutes.
- To pan fry, add some oil to pan and fry sliced cake on both sides. You can pan fry from your stove top or use the saute button from the Instant Pot.
Love your easy recipe with simple ingredients. I made two 7″ round pan of turnip cake in my 8-qt IP and they turned out great. I made some minor adjustments due to my first test run turned out to be a little under cooked and the inner pot was almost dry. The changes I made are adding 2-1/2 cups water to inner pot and cooked in high pressure for 16 minutes instead of 12. THUMBS UP on you recipes – THANK YOU!
I’m glad it worked out for you. Happy cooking!