Chinese Dim Sum Turnip Cake – White Radish Cake (蘿蔔糕) is another year round popular dish at dim sum and also extremely popular during Chinese New Year. Time to impress your friends and family. Make some turnip cake for chinese new year! This is the perfect recipe, you can pressure cook 2 pans at once (stack them using a trivet inbetween) and then keep one to eat, and one to give away 😛
- 3/4 cups Rice Flour
- 1/4 cup Wheat Starch
- 2.5 cups White turnip, grated
- 3 pieces Dried Chinese mushrooms, soaked and then diced
- 2 Chinese sausages, diced
- 1/4 cup Dried shrimp, soaked
- 1 Dried scallop, soaked
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1.5 cups water (you can use water used to soak mushrooms too)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 22 minutes (including time to pressurize)
Ready in: 32 minutes
Serving size: 12 (for 2 pans)
- Rinse mushrooms, dried shrimp and dried scallop and then soak in water separately. Soak overnight is best, if not, at least a few hours.
- Dice mushrooms and Chinese sausages.
- Break apart dried scallop.
- Peel and grate turnip.
- Mix rice flour and wheat starch with 1/2 cup of cold water or water leftover from soaking mushrooms.
- Combine flour mixture with turnip, mushroom, shrimp, scallop, Chinese sausage and 1 cup of water.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Scoop mixture into pans.
- Open lid, add 1 cup water to Instant Pot liner, then add trivet and pans of uncooked turnip cake.
- Close lid. Select pressure cook, high pressure cooking, for 12 minutes.
- When done, quick release.