Crazy days. Get home from a long day and need to make dinner STAT. That’s when pasta in the instant pot is the solution. I love how this recipe can be modified in so many different ways. Meatless, include vegetables like zuchinni, carrots and broccoli, or add sausages, or saute some minced meat. Versatile and simple. All you need as a jar of pasta sauce and some dried pasta and you get a nice tomato sauce pasta in around 15 minutes. YUM!
- 250g of dried pasta
- 1 jar of pasta sauce (500-700ml)
- 1 cup of water (you can add an additional 1 cup of water if you are having trouble submerging pasta in liquid)
- 2 sausages, slices
- 1 cup of mushrooms You can also add other ingredients such as tomatoes, peppers, …
Prep time: 1 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes (including time to pressurize)
Ready in: 16 minutes
Serving size: 4-6
- Open the lid, place mushrooms in the instant pot liner
- Add Pasta, tomato sauce and sausages, then add water. Make sure the Pasta is submerged in liquid otherwise it will not cook properly (will be hard). If you have having trouble submerging pasta in liquid, you can add more water (up to 1 cup more).
- Close lid, set Manual, high pressure cooking, for 5 minutes.
- When done, QR (Quick Release by opening to Vent). Pasta will get too soft if you do not release pressure as soon as you can.