Easy step by step video to show you how to make Tomato Sauce Pasta with Sausages in your Instant Pot
Crazy days. Get home from a long day and need to make dinner STAT. That’s when pasta in the instant pot is the solution. I love how this recipe can be modified in so many different ways. Meatless, include vegetables like zuchinni, carrots and broccoli, or add sausages, or saute some minced meat. Versatile and simple. All you need as a jar of pasta sauce and some dried pasta and you get a nice tomato sauce pasta in around 15 minutes. YUM!
Tomato Sauce Pasta and Sausages
- 2 ½ cups dried pasta (250g)
- 2 cups pasta sauce (1 jar or 500ml-700ml)
- 1 cup water (add an additional 1 cup of water if you are having trouble submerging pasta in liquid)
- 2 sausages slices
- 1 cup mushrooms You can also add other ingredients such as fresh tomatoes, peppers, etc
- Open Instant Pot. Add mushrooms in the Instant Pot liner.
- Add Pasta, tomato sauce and sausages, then add water.
- Close Instant Pot. Select Manual, high pressure cooking, for 5 minutes.
- When done, quick release pressure. Pasta will get too soft if you do not release pressure as soon as you can.
- When placing spaghetti and spaghettini into the Instant Pot, break them in half so that they fit into the pot.
- Drop your pasta is a criss-cross fashion. This prevents the pasta from sticking into clumps when it cooks.
- Submerge the pasta as much as possible so that you don't get any uncooked, hard pasta when it's complete.
- Don't worry if the pasta seems a bit more watery than expected. The pasta will continue to soak the liquid after it's cooked.
- When releasing pressure from the Instant Pot, place a tea towel on the vent, then release. This prevents splashing/spraying. Careful, the towel will be hot from the steam!