Easy step by step video to show you how to make Thai Chicken Coconut Soup in your Instant Pot
Memories of Thailand. I had some of the best times travelling in Thailand. You know you’re getting older when you start a sentence with ‘back when I was young…’ and that is how my story starts. Back when I was young, I travelled to Thailand and had a blast volunteering my time to help build a house, along with experiencing the Thai food and culture. I really had such a great time! Now, eating this Thai Chicken Coconut Soup really does bring back memories. I won’t be visiting Thailand anytime soon, so in the meantime, this bowl of soup will have to suffice.
Thai Chicken Coconut Soup
- 8 Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 2 Tablespoons Lemongrass
- 1 Chili Pepper
- 2 slices Ginger or dried galangal
- 2 Cups Mushrooms cut into 1/4 or sliced
- 3 Cups Tomatoes cut into 1/4
- 1 Onion cut into 1/4
- 2 Chicken breasts cut into 1" slices OR 1 Cup Firm Tofu
- 1 Tablespoon white Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
- 3 Cups Coconut Milk I find the Aroy-D brand is the best! Can find this one in any grocery store, even Walmart
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon juice after soup is cooked to avoid curdling
- Place Kaffir Lime Leaves, Lemongrass, Chili Pepper, and Ginger into empty loose leaf tea bag (pouch). This pouch will be removed from soup when soup is done cooking.
- Open Instant Pot. Add in Vegetables: Tomatoes, Mushrooms, and Onion into the liner.
- Add, Chicken/Tofu, Sugar, Fish Sauce, Coconut Milk and pouch.
- Close Instant Pot. Set Manual for 5 minutes.
- When done, do a quick release AFTER 5 minutes.
- Add Lemon Juice to soup before serving.