Easy step by step video to show you how to make Thai Chicken Coconut Soup in your Instant Pot
Memories of Thailand. I had some of the best times travelling in Thailand. You know you’re getting older when you start a sentence with ‘back when I was young…’ and that is how my story starts. Back when I was young, I travelled to Thailand and had a blast volunteering my time to help build a house, along with experiencing the Thai food and culture. I really had such a great time! Now, eating this Thai Chicken Coconut Soup really does bring back memories. I won’t be visiting Thailand anytime soon, so in the meantime, this bowl of soup will have to suffice.
Thai Chicken Coconut Soup
Authentic Thai Chicken Coconut Soup. You can substitute with Tofu too.
- 8 Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 2 Tablespoons Lemongrass
- 1 Chili Pepper
- 2 slices Ginger or dried galangal
- 2 Cups Mushrooms cut into 1/4 or sliced
- 3 Cups Tomatoes cut into 1/4
- 1 Onion cut into 1/4
- 2 Chicken breasts cut into 1" slices OR 1 Cup Firm Tofu
- 1 Tablespoon white Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
- 3 Cups Coconut Milk I find the Aroy-D brand is the best! Can find this one in any grocery store, even Walmart
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon juice after soup is cooked to avoid curdling
- Place Kaffir Lime Leaves, Lemongrass, Chili Pepper, and Ginger into empty loose leaf tea bag (pouch). This pouch will be removed from soup when soup is done cooking.
- Open Instant Pot. Add in Vegetables: Tomatoes, Mushrooms, and Onion into the liner.
- Add, Chicken/Tofu, Sugar, Fish Sauce, Coconut Milk and pouch.
- Close Instant Pot. Set Manual for 5 minutes.
- When done, do a quick release AFTER 5 minutes.
- Add Lemon Juice to soup before serving.