Easy step by step video to show you how to make Mac and Cheese in your Instant Pot
MMMmm, Mac ‘n Cheese. One of the best comfort foods. It’s also so easy to make – with real CHEESE.
It’s cheesy oooey goooey goodness! These cheese pasta is absolutely creamy, cheesy and delicious.
Mac and Cheese / Cheese Pasta
- 2 ½ cups dried elbow pasta (250g)
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups cheese grated
- 3 tablespoons milk whole milk or cream for creamier taste
- Salt and butter optional
- Open Instant Pot, pour in pasta and water. Make sure the pasta is submerged in water.
- Close Instant Pot. Select high pressure cooking for 5 minutes.
- When done, turn off Instant Pot. Quick release pressure.
- Open Instant Pot. Select sauté and add in cheese and milk. Add in salt and butter. Cook until cheese sauce thickens (about 5 minutes). Sprinkle extra cheese on top and serve.
- When placing spaghetti and spaghettini into the Instant Pot, break them in half so that they fit into the pot.
- Drop your pasta is a criss-cross fashion. This prevents the pasta from sticking into clumps when it cooks.
- Submerge the pasta as much as possible so that you don't get any uncooked, hard pasta when it's complete.
- Don't worry if the pasta seems a bit more watery than expected. The pasta will continue to soak the liquid after it's cooked.
- When releasing pressure from the Instant Pot, place a tea towel on the vent, then release. This prevents splashing/spraying. Careful, the towel will be hot from the steam!
- Do make sure all the air has escaped. Do NOT force the lid open.