Really, this is not just another crazy recipe. Making tea in the Instant Pot brings out the flavours of the tea leaves, and there’s no more bitter weird aftertaste. Obviously, the nicer quality tea leaves will have an even better flavour profile. This Lemon Tea recipe reminds me of the ones you get at a hong kong cafe (or even better, but that’s a biased opinion). You can skip step 5 and 6 (chill in fridge, and adding ice) if you want this as a HOT lemon tea. So for your next tea break, get out your instant pot and try out this recipe.
- 3 black tea bags (eg. Orange pekoe)
- 6 cups water
- 1 lemon (1/2 lemon juiced, rest for garnish)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
Prep time: 1 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes (including time to pressurize)
Ready in: 26 minutes for hot tea / 1 hour and 26 minutes for cold tea
Serving size: 3-4
- Add tea bags, water and 1/2 the lemon juice into instant pot
- Close lid, select manual high pressure cooking for 5 minutes.
- When done, let pressure to release naturally (around 10 minutes).
- Stir in sugar and remove tea bags
- Chill in fridge until cold *if you’re making hot tea, you can skip the refrigeration step
- Add lemon slices for garnish and ice to serve.