Easy step by step video to show you how to make Hot or Iced Lemon Tea in your Instant Pot
Really, this is not just another crazy recipe. Making tea in the Instant Pot brings out the flavours of the tea leaves, and there’s no more bitter weird aftertaste. Obviously, the nicer quality tea leaves will have an even better flavour profile. This Lemon Tea recipe reminds me of the ones you get at a hong kong cafe (or even better, but that’s a biased opinion). You can skip step 5 and 6 (chill in fridge, and adding ice) if you want this as a HOT lemon tea. So for your next tea break, get out your instant pot and try out this recipe.
Want to make the recipe KETO? Follow these simple tips to make it healthier and ketogenic.
Hot Lemon Tea / Lemon Iced Tea
Make HK style Hot Lemon Tea or Lemon Iced Tea. Tastes just like the ones you can get at the cafe.
- 3 black tea bags eg. Orange pekoe
- 6 cups water
- 1 lemon 1/2 lemon juiced, rest for garnish
- ½ cup white sugar
- Add tea bags, water and 1/2 the lemon juice into Instant Pot.
- Close Instant Pot. Select manual high pressure cooking for 5 minutes.
- When done, let pressure to release naturally (around 10 minutes).
- Stir in sugar and remove tea bags.
- Chill in fridge until cold *if you're making hot tea, you can skip the refrigeration step.
- Add lemon slices for garnish and ice to serve.