BEST crispy chicken wings ever. Here, I show you how to make the non-keto and keto version. No need to deep fry, you only need your Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid. After many tests, I found the perfect combination of ingredients and duration for the best crispy wings. As always, I love that it’s so easy and tasty. Still wondering if you should buy an air fryer? Wonder no more! This is a hit every time.
- 2 lbs chicken wings
Seasoning / marinade:
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
Prep time: 15 minutes (does not include time to marinate)
Cook time: 12-15 minutes
Ready in: 27-30 minutes
Serving size: 8-12 wings (1 serving)
- Season chicken wings with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight
- For egg wash beat one egg
- For batter/coating, using separate dish, combine flour, cornstarch, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Dip wing in egg wash, then coat with flour mixture
- Put a light coat of oil on air fryer basket and place wings inside.
- Place air fryer lid on top, select air fry, 400F for 12 minutes then select start
- When done, let cool for a few minutes because the wings are super hot!
Variations for Batter/Coating:
- crushed pork rind – keto version