Is it bad? I like eating desserts for breakfast such as this chocolate banana bread. Dark chocolate in the banana bread tastes SO good. Aside from making smoothies with ripe bananas, banana bread in the instant pot is what I like to make. Why in the instant pot vs oven? So you don’t need to babysit your cake, but also because the cake comes out moist.
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder (ground cinnamon)
- 2 RIPE bananas
- 1 Large egg
- 1.5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (chopped up dark chocolate is my favourite!)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes (including time to pressurize)
Ready in: 14 minutes
Serving size: 8
- In bowl, combine dry ingredients: all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl, peel and mash bananas.
- Add sugar, eggs, and oil and mix.
- Add in bowl of dry ingredients and mix (be careful not to overmix the batter).
- Add your chocolate chips.
- Oil pan and place batter into pan.
- Open the lid, add one cup of water and trivet on top.
- Place banana bread on top of trivet.
- Close the lid. Select Manual, high pressure cooking, for 30 minutes.
- When done, wait for the pressure to release naturally