Easy step by step video to show you how to make Chocolate Banana Bread / Chocolate Banana Cake in your Instant Pot
Is it bad? I like eating desserts for breakfast such as this chocolate banana bread. Dark chocolate in the banana bread tastes SO good. Aside from making smoothies with ripe bananas, banana bread in the instant pot is what I like to make. Why in the instant pot vs oven? So you don’t need to babysit your cake, but also because the cake comes out moist.
Chocolate Banana Cake / Chocolate Banana Bread
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 bananas (more ripe, the better)
- 1 Large egg
- 1.5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips (chopped up dark chocolate is my favourite!)
- In bowl, combine dry ingredients: all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl, peel and mash bananas.
- Add sugar, eggs, and oil and mix.
- Add wet ingredients to bowl of dry ingredients and mix (be careful not to overmix the batter).
- Add your chocolate chips.
- Oil pan and place batter into pan.
- Open Instant Pot. Add one cup of water and trivet into Instant Pot liner.
- Place pan of banana bread on top of trivet.
- Close Instant Pot. Select Cake, or Manual, high pressure cooking, for 30 minutes.
- When done, wait for the pressure to release naturally (NPR).
- Fits 1 Round Pan 6" diameter and 2.5" high. Or 1 Round Bundt Pan 6: diameter.
- If baking in the oven, bake at 350F for about 50 minutes.