Lots of leftover turkey or have some bones you want to make into a broth? This nutrient-packed recipe is extremely simple to make and also so tasty. Chicken noodle soup! Make it your own by changing up the type of poultry or the type of pasta.
- 6 cups Turkey bones with some meat
(can easily be substituted with other poultry such as chicken)
- 1.5 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 4 Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 Celery stalks, chopped
- 4 Onions, quartered
- 6-8 cups Water
- 1.5 cups dried Pasta (at the end)
- Salt to taste
Make it yourself Poultry seasoning:
- 2 teaspoons Thyme
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons Sage
- 1 teaspoon Rosemary
- 1 teaspoon Marjoram
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 (including time to pressurize)
Ready in: 40 minutes
Serving size: 6-8
1. Open instant pot, Add in vegetables – carrots, celery and onions.
2. Season bones with poultry seasoning and add on top of vegetables.
3. Add water.
4. Close the lid, select High pressure cooking for 20min.
5. When done, quick release. Remove bones but keep meat inside.
6. Add in pasta and close the lid
7. Select high pressure cooking for 5min.
8. When done, quick release, add salt to taste, and serve.