Easy step by step video to show you how to make Chinese BBQ Pork Char Siu 叉燒 in your Instant Pot
Always mouth watering, juicy sweet and savoury Chinese BBQ Pork Char Siu 叉燒 . Making BbQ Pork in the Instant Pot guarantees absolutely tender meat that goes well eith rice, moodles or on it’s own I like making extra char siu because I can use leftovers for fried rice or steamed bbq pork buns!
Chinese BBQ Pork Char Siu 叉燒
- 3 lbs pork shoulder or pork butt well marbled, boneless
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon five spice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine optional
Ingredients for basting:
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Cut pork into 2” thick strips. About 3-4 pieces.
- Marinate pork with all ingredients for a few hours or overnight.
- Open Instant Pot, place trivet, 1/2 cup water and marinated pork on top.
- Close Instant Pot and Pressure Cook for 40 mins.
- When done, Baste pork with honey. Then Broil in oven or using Instant Pot Air fryer at 400F for about 5-10 minutes. Baste with honey again, slice and serve.